Interested in learning French? I know two schools/institute that specially offers the Language. First, DEL Extramural Language Courses (UP Diliman) and second, Alliance Française de Manille. For schedules and Fees, just Google the names of both institute and you should get their website as a result. This post is not intended to provide you with their information because they always, well, probably not always but most of the time they change class schedules, fees and professors availability.
Commuting is part of my/our daily lives, so this post is to guide you on ways to get to both schools. This is specially for Alliance because everyone knows where UP is. And this is the easiest and cheapest way I know.
(1) DEL Extramural Language Courses (UP Diliman)
Good to Know:
|French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish language and culture courses|
– Coming from EDSA (anywhere in EDSA)
– Ride A BUS going to FAIRVIEW
-Descend at PHILCOA (bus will stop under an underpass and that’s were Jeepney’s will be)
– Take a Jeep that has UP IKOT or UP CAMPUS sign. See Picture # 1.
– Go down on the 2nd stop (waiting shed). (The moment you see the UP Monument the jeep will turn right and then left, 1st stop/1st waiting shed, a little further will be the 2nd stop/second waiting shed)
– The building right in front of the second waiting shed is the College of Arts and Letters Building.
– For New Enrolle-es: Paying the tuition fee will be at the cashier, different building from CAL. Just ride the Jeep with UP IKOT sign again and descend at “Shopping Center”, from the side you will be off go straight on your right side, shopping center is on your right too. On Picture #2, facing picture #2 you go left. LOL. Follow the arrow sign on the pic. Going back to CAL, just ride the Jeep that has KATIPUNAN sign.
(2) Alliance Française de Manille
Add: 209 Nicanor Garcia Street, Bel-Air II, Makati City, Philippines
Good to know: http://www.alliance.ph/language.php
– This is the easiest way I know.
– Coming from EDSA
– Take the MRT or Bus and get off BUENDIA station.
(Walk towards MCDO/Shell Gasoline station, during the morning theirs usually a line for the jeep. Ride the Jeep that has a sign “Gil Puyat LRT, Washington,RCBC” or simply ask the barker for Mapua Bound Jeep.)
– Descend at MAPUA
(Fair is Php 8.50, unless they increase. You would know if you have to get off the jeep, you’ll see or passby BPI/PS Bank, red Bank and at the corner is a big tree and musical instrument store (the last time I went their, last week the display was a huge Bass) behind it is Starbucks, across is MAPUA and SM Jazz Mall. Coming from Buendia you DON’T have to cross the street, just walk towards Jazz Mall (Across is BDO), past BDO continue walking straight, don’t look back . LOL, See Picture # 3 , you’ll know your in the right direction if you see picture #4-7)
– After 2-3 minutes walk (I’m a fast walker) you’ll see Caruso Italian Restaurant across it, is the Alliance Française de Manille and next to it is a Kindergarten School. See picture #8-9.
– The building is Gray and Red.
– Coming from Monumento/Manila ride the LRT/Jeep get off Gil Puyat and ride another Jeep that’s bound to “Buendia”, get off Mapua and walk towards SM Jazz Mall.
*I hope this post helps. I had a hard time finding ways on how to get to Alliance and I tried a lot of different ways. But like I said, this is the easiest and cheapest way. I attached a Grade 1 map/direction/instruction/pictures.
*UP map, no copyright intended.